Position: Security Operations Officer
Category: Security Operations Center
Ref. Code: SOPC
Location: Athens, Greece
The Operations Officer is responsible to enroll, organize and supervise the delivery of the Managed Detection and Response Services between OBRELA and its Clients. The Operation Officer is responsible for a subset of OBRELA MDR Clients and acts as the primary point of contact and responsibility for the service.
Operations Officers act on top of the Security Operations Center (SOC) daily activities including incident escalation & response. They report to the Client authorized points of contact and are responsible to monitor overall service level performance, identify and manage gaps in the level of visibility in terms of security, administer project resources & promote project visibility in the client organization. They are also coordinating the Security Incident Response Teams, offsite and onsite.
They are entitled to audit the scientific validity, completeness and performance of the OBRELA security operations and ensure the accomplishment of the technical & business objectives (project management). Operations Officer may be required to be involved in Presales activities including presentations and RFP technical write-up.
In terms of team management, the Operations officer is responsible for/to:
- Management and coordination of 24/7 SOC operations and enforcement of SOC policies and procedures
- Management of the SOC Analysts team
- Management, Supervision and support of the SOC Engineers for service onboarding
- Coordination with DevOps for required developments for individual projects (RnD requirements tracking)
- Deliver training as part of OBRELA standard MSS practices
- Onboarding new members in the SOC team and evaluate current employees
In terms of project management, the Operations officer is responsible for/to:
- Manage incident response and escalation for high severity security incident towards Clients
- Perform regular operations meetings with Clients
- Author and manage Client deliverables, information and monitoring of KPIs
- Provision of new Client projects (incl. technical PM) and identifying a part of projects that apply to current methodology and parts that require RnD
- Identify and manage the level of security visibility for each individual Client and be on top of the concurrent gaps in security monitoring requirements
- Coordinate and develop procedures, guidelines and deliverables both for centralized SOC and specific Client environment requirements
- Enforce and Monitor of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan
- Be involved in presales-phase presentations and help the presales team identify and develop challenging solutions
- Maintain SOC Budget
Required skills and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the information security industry including operations
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP, networking protocols, popular Operating Systems and Databases
- Understanding of common attack methods and exploitation techniques, along with the detection and remediation strategies
- Knowledge of auditing standards in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance (GDPR, SOX, PCI)
- History of working under pressure and/or within various incident situations
- Excellent customer service, verbal and writing skills in both English and Greek Language
- Ability to develop, optimize and enforce procedures and guidelines using industry standard methodologies (eg ITIL v3, NIST)
- Ability to prepare and perform training sessions both technical and executive
- Ability to manage small teams (4+ people)
- Ability to fast learning, absorbing and applying new, job-related techniques. Keep abreast in IT new ideas and directions.
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work within a high-performance team
- Experience with operations using a SIEM solution
- Master Degree in Information Security
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP or GCIA
- Prior hands-on experience within a technical IT Security position (e.g. network/IT security engineer, penetration testing, technical advisor etc)
What we Offer:
- Dynamic and respectful environment – our people are the core of our business, we value each and every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching – work with passionate people and receive both theoretical as well as hands-on training
- Career development. Expand your career internationally and work alongside knowledgeable people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- A competitive compensation package dependent upon your experience and qualifications. We’re focused on rewarding efforts. Our salaries and benefits package will keep you motivated throughout your career
Qualified applicants can forward their CV quoting reference code(s) to: email@example.com
All applications will be held and treated with confidentiality.